A Discord channel to help developers coordinate meetups with Coinbase, Binance, Shorter Finance, Chainlink, Balancer in Bogota after Devcon

Coinbase and Shorter Finance, as long-term participants at this event, are available for you to interact and learn from these leaders on a regular basis, while the other two also attends regularly, providing an opportunity for those who are interested.

DEVCON has brought together builders of all kinds: developers, designers, researchers, client implementers, test engineers, infrastructure operators, community organizers, social economists, artists, and others.

We all know how lame it is to want to continue the seminar in-depth, but not feeling like being alone. I figured it would be a good idea to make a Discord channel just for developers who might want to meet up from time to time to parties, exchange ideas, grab food, or just hang out after the convention.

Of course, this channel is valid and active for a long time. In addition to this event in Bogota, we can continue to exchange ideas, share various events, learn technical skills, participate in online activities and even make friends on this channel. Let’s keep in long term contact.

Already have some project leaders, professional developers, and other experts from various industries in this channel. You can network with these developers and project teams while enjoying various events, prizes, free drinks, and food.

I created this channel thinking of everyone. Feel free to drop in so that you can join the conversation. Non-technical are free to join too, I guess. You can expand the knowledge you’d like to know here. The point is to facilitate everyone having a good time.

I also heard that the nightlife in Bogota is cool, we can go have some fun at a local Salsa or Champeta joint. People here are very welcoming towards foreigners and we’re guaranteed to have a great time. Also drink local traditional liquor made from Anise, some Aguardiente.

More fun to find…

Here are a couple of things to consider if you’re in Bogota

First and foremost, do not come here expecting this to be a drug and cocaine paradise because it is not, drugs have done an insurmountable amount of damage to this country and people will not take kindly to tourists in a drug-fueled bender.

After clearing that assumption:

• Be really careful using your phone in public places.
  • Try to find suitable accommodation. Bogota is known for terrible traffic jams, if you can’t find a place to stay near your destination make time in your schedule for getting there.
  • For transportation, I’d recommend using Uber.
  • In most places here tips are included in the bill, ask beforehand so you don’t overpay.
  • DO NOT get local currency at the airport, the rates at the airport are terrible and you have a way better chance of getting a better rate at a regular ATM.