[MOVED] Bangalore is the Best place to host DEVCON!

Proposed location: Bangalore, India

Why is ___________ [name of suggested city] the best place to host Devcon VII? Convince us :slightly_smiling_face:
[High level overview]

Bangalore is the epicenter of Tech and Culture not just in India but the Whole of Asia. Raking as the Fastest growing city in the world for several years it has one of the biggest web3 communities in the world. For Eth India with 3000 thousand seats, they got near to 10000 applications which shows the amount of Ethereum enthusiasts around India.
Bangalore is known for its architecture and food with having venues for all kinds of events and conferences available around the city.
One good location is → KTPO being able to host 5k+ people

Answer the following questions to see if your suggested city matches our key criteria to host the next Devcon:

Country and Entry

1. What are the visa restrictions for the country?
It is super easy to get e-visa for India for any country within a week. here is a link to countries who can get visa on arrival and other things

2. How easy is international access?
Bangalore airport is one of the biggest airports recievering flights from every
part of the world if one is not available one can land in Delhi at Indira gandhi airport and take another 1-hour flight to Bangalore.
Links:

3. What about the safety and political stability of the region?
Bangalore is a safe city even better than New York and some other big cities around the world. Having travelled myself as a 17 year old alone without fear, can say bangalore is dope!

Indian Governemnt has been stable for like 10 years now so no worries on that front.

4. How expensive are venue rentals, accommodation, food, and transport?
Bangalore is super cheap compared to international standards. Even a 5 star Marriott room would not cost more than $150.

5. What is the climate during Q3/Q4?
bangalore has a very moderate and tropical climate with temperatures ranging from 22 - 26 Celsius year around!

City and Venue

1. How easy is the transportation in the city (between venues, airport, etc.)?
Bangalore has city shuttle busses that can take you from any place to other under less than a dollar with uber and Ola always available.
Its also a pretty walkable city with good pedestrian lanes.
Metro is also available to the most important spots.

2. Are there modern venues (WiFi/Maneuverability/Catering)?
Bangalore is the centre of tech in Asia and has some of the best convention centres and Halls.

3. Are there venues with the capacity to host between 5-10k+ people?
yup there resorts and convention centres!
convention centres in bangalore - Google Search]]

4. What are attractions in or around the city, and how close are they to the venue?

Ethereum community and Impact

1. How does the Ethereum community look like in this region (e.g.: existing large community/ small but growing rapidly, etc.)?
Bangalore has one of the biggest ethereum communities in the world with every single web3 event getting 3x more people than expected.
Eth India got 10000+ application for less than 3000 seats
Solana hacker House got 2000 people for an event of around 600
India has one of the biggest developer communities in the world with 70% young folks.

2. What is the potential of Ethereum to have an impact in that region?

Indian builders forming a big chunk of the web3 ecosystem haven’t been able to make it to the big conferences of visa and passport restrictions which has made this hunger for a big ethereum event!
If Devcon happens in India next year, the builders who have been ignored by most of the conference organizers will have a chance to showcase their talent finally!

I had to give up EthCC and EthAmsterdam because getting any kind of visa is super hard for Indians with having to submit tax reports to hotel iternrary for it.
3. How is hosting Devcon in that city benefiting the Ethereum ecosystem?

Concerns and Downsides

Every location has its pros and cons. It’s important to also consider the potential downsides.

1. What are possible risks?
  2. What could be the downsides?

Additional Information

Please add any extra information you want.

1 Like

Also if you take a few days extra to stay, there are amazing travel destinations around Bangalore. :heart:

Making it a wholesome journey for anyone.

1 Like

Would be really nice to merge with this proposal: Proposed Location: Bengaluru, India

I see yours is actually a bit older - but seems @Parithosh_Jayanthi 's has a bit more traction.
But for evaluating proposals it would be best if we only have one proposal per city.

2 Likes

sounds good to me! @Parithosh_Jayanthi 's proposal is more rigorous than mine but would be cool if I could some of my points too!

Great! You should be able to edit paris post now. Closing this thread then and let’s continue here: Proposed Location: Bengaluru, India

1 Like