Building Web3 Developer Communities Hub - Proposal

This is going to be super important! Very excited to bring this to life.

Bringing developers together is one of the biggest challenges in our space. Many people have taken a stab at it. It’s always interesting to learn from one another things that worked and things that didn’t.

I think the line up here is solid, with more to confirm :wink:

5 Likes

Nice idea! I support this proposal

3 Likes

Thanks for putting this all together @madhavanmalolan. I’m planning to be there and would love to give a presentation or workshop, and we’ll have a strong presence from Developer DAO members as well who will be attending, but also available for technical talks / panels / workshops if needed. Developer DAO has a strong community of Ethereum developers.

6 Likes

Great work on the proposal, @madhavanmalolan! I love the focus on diversity, inclusion and equity and I’m excited to give a workshop on strategies for developing inclusive dapps through accessible UX, gas optimization, and more. This space will serve virtual as well as IRL builders through the live streamed interview space.

5 Likes

Hey Daphne from Blu3 DAO here, thanks for putting together this proposal. I’m in full support of co-organizing this hub and the Blu3 Hacks community would be honored to come teach, share, learn, and explore with other Web3 developers in this space.

4 Likes

Hey, it’s Bobby from Developer_DAO. To echo what Nader said, Developer_DAO is more than happy to support the community hub, whether it is giving talks or workshops, as many of our members will be present.

We have a very diverse community both in geographical location and technical expertise!

6 Likes

Full support for Superfluid Finance, it is a nice project with great stuff/coders.

4 Likes

love the idea - it’d be really cool for people to pop in or tune in and ask questions etc!

4 Likes

Down to help out with this.

4 Likes

Hi everyone, I oversee BD+Partnerships at Edge & Node, working on The Graph. We are excited to be part of this and fully support this proposal.

4 Likes

This is Div from Devfolio and I approve this message! :wink:

But for real, super excited to be backing this and we would love to participate in any capacity possible.

4 Likes

good project,can i join it

2 Likes

YES! We at Devfolio are on a mission to become the source of economic opportunities for the next-gen Web3 builders <3

Thankyou @sunnyjaycer @0xFran for putting this across! Full Support from our end!

3 Likes

Nice idea! I support this proposal

1 Like

Thanks for putting this together @sunnyjaycer and @0xFran — onboarding developers to Web3 has always been ETHGlobal’s mission and #1 goal.

We love to support and see more organizations helping out in their own ways as this is truly one of the most positive sum activities in Web3!

1 Like

Hi there,

We would like to thank you for putting together this proposal!

The space allocated to Community Hubs is limited which means we can only accept six proposals.

Many of the proposals we received were very high quality and, unfortunately, we had to take hard decisions. There is simply not enough space to accommodate all of them.

With this post, I’d like to inform you that your proposal was not selected for this year’s Community space.

Developer communities are of course a big and important topic for Devcon, but as a topic for a Community Hub it felt too generic compared to other, more specific proposals. We will have the hacker basement available as a “home” for all developers and I’m wondering if we could include some of your content and ideas there (see Meet Continuous Devcon — Devcon Bogotá, Oct 11 → 14 for some renders and the general idea). I will check what the options are and will follow up on this separately!

Again, thank you for showing initiative to contribute to the Devcon Bogotá experience and we hope to see you there soon nonetheless.

Have a great day,

Franziska & the Devcon team

This seems like a great Idea! Lets make it happen, what can we do to support?

Sounds like a very good space to hang out during the Devcon. I had a great experience with the Superfluid team in Devconnect (Amsterdam), and I’m sure this time is going to be as fun and enriching as it was there. I always learn tons of things with you guys.

Hey guys! I wanted to get back to you re. the option to host a Web3 Developer Community Meetup instead of a Community Hub. The meetup could happen as part of the “Devcon After Dark” program, which is the community-driven optional program that will happen from 6PM - 11PM each day after the main program has concluded. Let me know if a meetup in the hacker basement or in a workshop room could be interesting for you! @Nader_Dabit @sunnyjaycer @Richa_Joshi @Bobbay @auryn and more :slight_smile:

Hi Franziska,

I’m definitely interested in putting this on! I’ll DM you for more details and look to organize something.

Cheers,
Sunny