Please give a short description of the topic/cause for your Community Hub
The Women Leaders in Web3 Community Hub will be the center for all communities striving towards diversity, equity, and inclusion for women in Ethereum. Our hub will welcome women, nonbinary people, and allies to learn about Ethereum in a safe space. Our hub will highlight feminist and intersectional academics and literature as well as the history of women in computing.
What will you offer to the Devcon attendees?
Our hub will provide a combination of educational talks, interactive art, and intimate bonding sessions.
- Ask Me Anything (AMA) & office hour sessions will industry experts
- DEI training (unconscious bias, microaggressions, intersectionality)
- Meet & greet (speed-friending) sessions to make new like-minded friends
- Wellness activities (guided meditations, standing yoga, breathing exercises)
- Sharing Circles to invite the community to discuss their challenges and provide solutions
- Women Leader panels & fireside cahts
- Casual networking sessions
- Hands on workshops (writing your first smart contract, multi-chain/cross-chain deployments)
Add a rough outline of your Community Hubs program
The Women in Web3 Hub will be open from October 11 to October 14 from 9am to 5pm.
Everyone in the Ethereum community is welcome to our hub, and we especially want allies of women to attend our programming.
A sample daily schedule will be as follows:
- 9am-10am - Casual networking
- 10am-11am - Ask Me Anything with a senior blockchain developer
- 11am-12pm - The Importance of Intersectional Feminism in Crypto DEI training
- 12pm-1pm - Casual networking
- 2-3pm - Women in Web3 Leader panel
- 3-4pm - Speed friending
- 4-5pm - Guided meditation
List the people who will organise, oversee and be responsible for the Community Hub
Our organizers are women leaders in the LATAM Ethereum ecosystem. Our organizations empower women to learn how to develop decentralized apps and sponsor them to attend Ethereum hackathons.
- Marysol Mauricio - Blu3 DAO LATAM
- Laura Navarro Muñoz - Her DAO LATAM
- Isabella De Brito - Talent Protocol
- Stephanie Orpilla - Polygon
- Juliette Chevalier - Surge Women
- Melissa, Colleen, Jules, Laura - Aces of ApeWorx
- Keri Clowes - Ethereum Foundation
List the equipment or production needs (see what’s possible in the RFP)
- Comfortable chairs for AMA, panel, and DEI training sessions
- Floor pillows for circle discussions, speed friending, and wellness activities
- Projector and screen
- Desks for hands on workshops
- Speakers for light ambient music