Devcon Satellite Events are an experiment to decentralize Devcon VI, to give the opportunity to foster a community amongst those who can’t make it to Bogotá due to distance, timing, costs, limited space, or other constraints, and to boost local Ethereum communities.
Devcon Satellite Events can be just a simple get-together of friends watching the live streams with pizza, or bigger meetups to rewatch the keynote talks at a time that’s better suited for your community.
These Satellite events should take place around Devcon Week: roughly 7-23 October 2022. They are self-organized and totally independent.
Devcon and the Ethereum’s Ecosystem Support Program are teaming up to support the 10 best submissions for Devcon Satellite meetups around the globe with up to $1000 each!
Please apply via the Road to Devcon grants to submit your proposal for a Devcon Satellite Event. Deadline: October 7, 2022
Some ideas for Devcon Satellite Events
- Small events: 5-25 people; A meetup to watch the live streams with pizzas
- Medium events: 25-50 people; Showing recorded keynote talks or the best talks around a specific topic + in-person discussion rounds
- Large events: 100-200 people coming together in a venue with organized tickets & catering, a live broadcast of what’s happening, and workshops or discussion panels
- Apply via the Road to Devcon grants until October 7
- Have an event Host
- A Host is the teams/organization/groups/individuals that are ‘owners’ of a particular event. From structure of event, to specific content to selection of attendees, the host is tasked with generally being the owner of the event.
- Have a focus on education related to Ethereum, Devcon, and beyond.
- Apply via the Road to Devcon grants application to submit your Devcon Satellite event (it should take place around 7-23 October 2022)
- Deadline: October 7, 2022
We’re excited for your ideas and submissions! Comment below for questions and clarifications.
Create a topic to discuss your ideas for Devcon Satellites in your city & to coordinate!
EF Devcon team