Please give a short description of the topic/cause for your Community Hub
After DeFi. by API3
At the core of the DeFi breakthrough were oracles. Smart contracts ultimately depend on the type of API data available to interact with. API data reaching smart contracts were largely previously limited to price data. Now, there is a plethora of API data available for smart contracts, from Food data, Climate Change data, GPS data, Analytics data and much more. Perhaps a spark of ideation, innovation, or a simple chat between people over data and smart contracts can spark the next industry-wide smart-contract revolution and adoption.
We seek to empower the Ethereum and LatAm communities by showcasing the numerous API data that are now newly available to create new types of smart contracts and interactions.
What will you offer to the Devcon attendees?
- Technical discussions and examples of how a smart contract can call an API.
(2x a day, every day if needed)
- Fireside chat: About certain Web 2.0 APIs and their industries
- Discussion on how smart-contracts can impact the next wave of LatAm in Web 3.0
Add a rough outline of your Community Hubs program
- Office hours on how smart contracts can utilize APIs:
- Decentralized APIs
- Request Response Protocol
- Quanton Random Number Generators
- Offer local Columbian lunch or non-alcoholic beverages for people to meet, socialize and discuss their ideas.
List the people who will organise, oversee and be responsible for the Community Hub
- Rob- API3, co-lead LatAm
- Andres- API3 co-lead LatAm
- Santiago- API3, core technical team
- Giancarlo- API3 LatAm technical team
- David- API3 LatAm technical team
- Chris- API3 LatAm technical team
- Ryan- API3, Marketing lead + technical evangelist
- Jose- API3 LatAm Marketing lead
- Jessica- API3 LatAm, Content lead
- Diego- API3 LatAm, Content
- Alejandro- API3 LatAm, Community lead.
- More team members are available as well.
List the equipment or production needs (see what’s possible in the RFP)
- Power Outlets
- TV-sized Screen