@ligi thanks for the feedback.
Moderation: There was in fact a spam attack in Status about 1 month ago and some short term mitigation has already been put in place. Also, the team is working on longer term solutions which can be explored here. A more detailed breakdown of options is forthcoming (stay tuned). While i cannot say if final implementations will be available by devcon (I wont put timelines to the core teams work), I believe we can come up with some sort of solution by devcon.
Keycard Integration - keycard integration is simply one of the many ideas we can work on. For more detail, i suggest reviewing the Keycard specific DIP. With Keycard and Status, we can issue tokens such as NFT’s to grant access to exclusive spaces/rooms for example, make payments,.
Regarding Detail - you are correct. Ill work with the team to come up with more concrete use cases as well as details for distirbution (i.e. mentions on break slides). For now, I think we can focus on the following high level use cases, and define the details in the coming days/weeks:
- Messaging: Set up official public channels for the event (instead of using something like telegram). This can include:
- News & Announcements - #devconVI-news, #devconVI-speakers, #devconVI-Room1, #devconVI-Room2, #devconVI-Room3. We can add QR codes to the room signage inviting people to join the chat room. We can add QR codes to break slides inviting people to speaker channels or even hidden chat rooms for exclusive content.
- Interacting with Speakers - We can invite people to ask questions in the public channels for specific topics or rooms.
- 1:1 & Group Chats - we can encourage people to use Status throughout the event to coordinate with friends. Inviting people to use p2p, ethereum based tools instead of things like telegram
- Access - with NFT’s (i.e. POAP tokens) we can grant exclusive access to talks, rooms, events, or even content to those who hold the NFT in their Status wallet.
- Payments - With the Status wallet, people can send and receive payments for things like food, services, swag, etc. This can also be done in tandem with Keycard.
There are really tons of things we can do with Status so understand your sentiment that this is a vague DIP. Ill put together a more detailed plan with @Simona-Popand share here and in the DIP on Github.