Music Sessions | Open Mic Stage

Hey @Rose thanks for the heads up.

I’m personally afraid that setting the “stage” outside will expose the venue to weather uncertainty, let alone the fact that we will have to set up and dismantle the whole backline everyday.
I think the general feeling was to find an indoor space, a bit more interactive with the conference.
Let me know your thoughts and, if no alternative is available, we’ll make it work with the tent of course.

@isdotlove and Shaka will come with details soon.

best, Mat

Aloha @Rose !!!

Apologize for not being present here earlier. I have been making lots of music and friendships at many of the conferences. We are curating a document in a music telegram group including all the friends in this thread and more. Will post in the coming days here. Big thank you and Mahalo!!! Looking forward to this and we appreciate you.

:call_me_hand:Shaka

1 Like

Thanks, @matlemad for the feedback!

While we have serious space limitations, we are looking to get the best accommodation for the music stage. We are looking to accommodate the food trucks and the music stage under the same tent to create a general atmosphere for the attendees to relax and enjoy themselves. We think it will create an amazing overall atmosphere in this area, while the conference space itself is more for talks, panels, and workshops. Coming back with more info about the need of dismantling the backline soon.

Best,
Rose

1 Like

Hey @Rose!

I actually agree with you that the music by the food trucks could create a great atmosphere. I’d be happy to help coordinate the set up and tear down of the back line as I have experience doing so. As long as there is electricity and the tent durable enough for rain protection it would be ok. Then also a safe place for gear to be stored.

I have sent in my application to be a volunteer lead via request of Skylar. We will have the info you requested ASAP before weeks end.

Thanks!
Shaka

2 Likes

no worries and thanks for further investigating.
We’ll be happy to join by the food truck area!
Shaka and Camilo will follow up with details they have been prepping. all the best! m

1 Like

Amazing, thank you, everyone!

I talked to Natalia from production side, and she doesn’t think it will be necessary to dismantle each night.

Hi @matlemad, @SHAKA and @isdotlove

Now that we discussed and outlined the Music Stage, we’d also need a formal DIP on Github. Once you have the list on August 5, can you please submit it here:

Thank you! If you need help with submitting the DIP on Github, don’t hesitate to ask!

Best,
Rose

1 Like

Hi @Rose Working on this right now.

Do you happen to have a blueprint or any high-level plan of the physical space where the stage is planned to be located? We need some details about the dimensions of the space so we can have a detailed list of the stuff needed.

My email is: isdotlove@wearedmt.io in case you’re able to send some files there.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Sure will send you what we have by mail!

2 Likes

I’m sooooooooooooooo excited @matlemad @isdotlove :heart::guitar::notes::hibiscus::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Muchísimos Gracias @Rose!!!

1 Like

Hi all!
We just submitted the pull request on GitHub.

Thanks for all the support! @Rose
Looking forward to meeting all of you here! Best vibes 'til then! :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you so much @isdotlove

Do I understand correctly that the list under “technical requirements” is the equipment that you request to be rented?
And is the budget estimation solely for this rental or does it include something else?

2 Likes

Hey there! Some of the ETH Design community had very similar ideas for this year’s DevCon. I would love to help out if needed. I produce hip-hop and R&B and have found that the use of samplers/MPCs can help lower the bar for participation in things like this. Also happy to help in any workshop formats as well to help people make their first songs and beats and things like that.

3 Likes

No problem, es con mucho gusto.

1- Yes, it is the list of what we need to rent.

2- Since it is an initial estimation, I’d say it’s subject to change, especially since we are refining the artistic offer as there are many people jumping in the conversation willing to collaborate.

The location change to the outside area made us realized we would need better equipment for the space requirements.

As stated in the DIP, some of the artists are bringing gear and I also can provide some equipment (depending on what we add to the artistic offer to fill the stage schedule).

Any thoughts? @SHAKA @matlemad

Best vibes :rainbow:

2 Likes

Hey @Jonny_Howle ! Thanks for jumping on the conversation. What you mention sounds great. It would be great to hear more of your ideas and experiences so it can help create a nice experience. :slightly_smiling_face:

Shoot me an email and I can get you added to the Telegram group. :v:

Best vibes :rainbow:

3 Likes

Cool!
We’ll check the list asap with @Natalia_Madrid from production.

Because you mentioned the possibility of some professional gigs, I just want to remind everyone of the confirmed space size of 3x3m.

2 Likes

Hola @Rose I can help answer your question. That list is what would be dream status for a “rented technical rider” but we can get by with as much or as little can be provided from the list. Happy to be blessed with whatever real estate you provide and think nothing should be rented to compromise room for 4-6 participants.

The budget estimate isn’t accurate. We tried to get local quotes and just had that number guessed by a local renter.

With confirmation of what can be provided in time Im sure we can scramble and I will also max my two checked bag weight capacity getting personal gear there to help overall production.

Hey @Jonny_Howle I look forward to making beats with you dude!

2 Likes

Amazing. Thank you so much @SHAKA and everyone for your effort! We will have great music sessions at Devcon! Looking very much forward to this.

No worries, the estimation doesn’t have to be accurate. Our production team will check with a local vendor :slight_smile:

@isdotlove I sent you a reference of what the space with the stage might look like via email. But keep in mind that the final setup of the space is still TBD, and there will be changes.

1 Like