Optimistic Rollups Community Hub: The home of Optimistic Rollups

Hi @franzihei it would be great to get some feedback on our proposal so we can refine this further. We are currently working to collaborate with other OR’s who can help this be a diverse open community session. Metis is already on board and we are developing other discussions simultaneously to ensure we can provide something productive for the Devcon community. All OR’s are welcome to join this initiative and be a valuable part of this.

1 Like

Hi @Payal_Patel!

Thank you so much for handing in this proposal. The RFP is open until end of this week. Shortly after this (beginning of next week), we will share which Community Hub proposals got accepted and will work with those accepted teams to fine-tune the proposals and content of the hub. Please note that unfortunately there is only space for 6 Community Hubs this time, which means that sadly not all proposals will be accepted.

2 Likes

An interesting read…I’m a big fan of OR and I can’t wait to learn more about it.

1 Like

with the Ethereum’s transition from PoW to PoS to happen in the future, it’s imperative to understand how Optimistic Rollups would play a vital role in solving the scalability issues surrounding Ethereum.

I feel having a community like this dedicated to help its members understand the technology and the opportunities that it present is simply out of this world!

1 Like

It will be cool to have an open forum on OR for members to meet and network.

1 Like

Overall this is a great proposal. Definitely something that’ll foster community inclusivity and building.

1 Like

Started getting interested in OR’s recently and a forum like that would certainly give enthusiasts like myself more insights into it. Keeping a close watch on this.

1 Like

Cool idea! I’m interested in learning more about how ORs will help Web3 UX. Looking forward to joining!

1 Like

Current resources are very limited and difficult to comprehend. Having a community to learn and exchange knowlege about OR is great. Looking forward to this!

1 Like

Interesting! I can’t wait to learn more about Optimistic Rollup and get to know some of the OR projects.

1 Like

Amazing! Looking forward to it! :heart_eyes: I wanna learn more about ORs.

1 Like

Hi there,

We would like to thank you again for putting together this proposal!

The space allocated to Community Hubs is limited which means we can only accept six proposals.

Many of the proposals we received were very high quality and, unfortunately, we had to take hard decisions. There is simply not enough space to accommodate all of them.

With this post, I’d like to inform you that your proposal was not selected for this year’s Community space.

Again, thank you for showing initiative to contribute to the Devcon Bogotá experience and we hope to see you there soon nonetheless.

Have a great day,

Franziska & the Devcon team

Dear Franziska & Devcon Team,

I´m still struggling to understand how a proposal aligned with Ethereum’s vision of rollups centric and has been the most impactful community engagement, showing high demand by the ETH community in our proposal, be rejected.

I´m interested in deeply understanding which selection criteria were used and why the proposal with the highest level of engagement and traction (in all possible engagement metrics), with a strong fit with the ETH roadmap, could be left out of the community hub position.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a more detailed answer beyond a simple pre-fabricated reply?

Looking forward to your reply in a search for clarity on the surprising result of the community hub selection process.

BR,
Bruno Maia

Hi Bruno,

Sure!

I´m interested in deeply understanding which selection criteria were used and why the proposal with the highest level of engagement and traction (in all possible engagement metrics), with a strong fit with the ETH roadmap, could be left out of the community hub position.

First of all I want to stress that traction in terms of comments under a proposal is not a very important criteria for selection since this can easily be gamed and hence is not a good indicator.

Also, most importantly, please understand that the Community Hubs are a new thing we are test-running this year and the process is still very much a work in progress. While it was tragic to reject some of the nice proposals, we simply cannot accommodate all in the current space setup.

The selection hence was much more about prioritising the best and most diverse Community Hub proposals, which certainly also resulted in us needing to reject “good” proposals.

For your proposal specifically, I would like to point out that there is an entire talk track dedicated to L2s this year and with Community Hubs we’d like to offer attendees content that is complementary to what is happening in the official program.

You outlined the following as the aim of the community hub

It aims to host greater discussions about blockchain scalability and how to foster its adoption

While this is an amazing goal to have, we felt like much of this is already covered by the Layer 2 track of the official Devcon program.

Again, sorry for not being able to accept all and we certainly hear your feedback and work on refining the process for the next years!

Hi Franziska,

Thanks a lot for your answer, and I do appreciate your engagement. However, Im still puzzled about the criteria since another L2 proposal (Zk community hub) with far less interest from the community was accepted. Wouldn’t it be the case for them to be included in the L2 track, as you said? It seems your justification of a track dedicated to L2’s being a cause for our rejection can’t be sustained since another L2 proposal has been approved. Can you please elaborate on that?

Also, I do see an opportunity. Since an L2 community hub was approved, wouldn’t it be interesting to combine ZK + Optimistic as a single and inclusive rollups community hub? I believe in the approval of a unified proposal is the right way of moving forward. I would love to hear your thoughts on that.