Optimistic Rollups Community Hub: The home of Optimistic Rollups

Please give a short description of the topic/cause for your Community Hub

It aims to host greater discussions about blockchain scalability and how to foster its adoption. The home has an open capacity for community proposals and some predefined agenda items:

• Fireside chats.
  • Tutorials
  • Panels
  • Live demos
  • Small challenges

What will you offer to the Devcon attendees?
A first-hand experience on Optimistic rollups with demonstrations, workshops, seminars, chats and tutorials for devs and visionaries who want to know more about how it can help them create next-generation apps with Ethereum oracles:

• Possibility of projects deploying workshops, tutorials, live demos and small challenges.
  • Office hours for projects providing support for devs trying to use their tech to build breakthrough DApps.
  • Projects offering grants with office hours for onsite proposal evaluation and approvals.

Add a rough outline of your Community Hubs program

Imagine a small - but welcoming and progressive space - as an inclusive hub for all optimistic rollup projects within the wider Ethereum ecosystem. Here, we encourage an interactive environment where we can learn from each other through deep discussions about how Ethereum is scaling while being given practical experiences via different tech solutions that bring these visions to life. Promoting an open and collaborative environment matching the true spirit of Web 3.0 and its community

The home of Optimistic Rollup projects will contain:

• An area for panels or fireside chats with an agenda pre-defined but with an open capacity for community proposals.
  • Different small booths hosting all optimistic rollup projects allowing the community to better understand each project. It will be a combined and collaborative effort.
  • Possibility of projects deploying workshops, tutorials, live demos and small challenges.
  • Office hours for projects providing support for devs trying to use their tech to build breakthrough DApps.
  • Projects offering grants with office hours for onsite proposal evaluation and approvals.

It’s an inclusive environment where all Optimistic Rollup projects are welcome to join forces and celebrate how they are helping Ethereum scale and match the challenges for mass adoption. Promoting a healthy and collaborative environment matching the true spirit of Web 3.0 and its community-based efforts.

List the people who will organize, oversee and be responsible for the Community Hub
Bruno Maia - bruno.maia@cartesi.io
Omran - abdelrahman.omran@cartesi.io
Payal - payal.patel@cartesi.io
Iryna Chekhova - iryna.c@metis.io
Catherine Anderson - Catherine.a@metis.io
Sheyda Lotfalian - Sheyda.l@metis.io

List the equipment or production needs (see what’s possible in the RFP)
A small, close-knit area to support different small booths/sections/ and/or tables to accommodate dynamic sessions with Optimistic Rollup projects that would like to be present.

• Internet
  • Easy access to power
  • Screens
27 Likes

it would be very interesting an space for discuss about ORs. I’m in !

6 Likes

I’m curious about ORs discussions in this space and the insights which raised from that!

6 Likes

Great idea! Let’s make it happen!!

6 Likes

I think OR would be super interesting for many developers that want to switch to web3! Bring it on!

3 Likes

definately discussing ORs is worthwhile. ORs IMHO are part of a much larger landscape for blockchain space. thus it is very important. at this point in time that we need such discussions to propel blockchain development.

3 Likes

I think is a great idea. It would be great to create a space explaining the opportunities and also the challenges of Optimistic Rollups. Looking forward to visit the space during DevCon!

3 Likes

That would be very interesting!

3 Likes

Looking forward to it.

3 Likes

Excellent initiative, I will definitely keep an eye on it.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to it! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Really a good one. An opportunity to learn more about ORs, definitely keeping an eye on this!

3 Likes

Great initiative! OR is definitely a general solution for transaction scaling on Ethereum. A more detailed discussions and awareness of its pros & cons should have a home for discussion. Support!!!

3 Likes

Amazing proposal! A collaborative environment is essential for innovation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow this sound so interesting and I am so convince if this is birthed it will go a long way .

2 Likes

The concept is quite unique and definitely a way to usher in more users to the blockchain space, afterall mass adoption is what we are all looking for

2 Likes

ORs are key to unleash the power of the next generation of Ethereum DApps.
The concept is quite unique and definitely a way to encrypt more users to the blockchain space.

1 Like

OR is definitely going to be fun and I can’t wait to know more and use this knowledge.

1 Like

Interesting! It will help the ORs community grow stronger. Really looking forward to it!

1 Like

I’ve always liked the idea behind roll ups and these ORs would tick all the boxes…with regards scalability.

Looking forward to the forum

1 Like