Proposed location: İstanbul, Türkiye 🇹🇷

It would be a great opportunity to be in a multi-cultural city, Istanbul, as a multi-cultural community.

3 Likes

Anyone based in Istanbul, visited Dubai? How was your experience?

1 Like

There are very good hotels and hostels in Istanbul. You will never have any transportation problems in the city. Apart from conferences, very good activities can be done. Guests will love this city when they taste Turkish food.

2 Likes

What do you mean? In terms of connection from Istanbul to Dubai?

1 Like

As a foreigner from Istanbul, what are their impressions about Dubai? Pros and cons? (I asked same thing in Dubai thread, but on their perspectives about Istanbul. Naturally people would prefer their own country, so their viewpoints of the other place could have some reasonable things to consider.)

1 Like

I believe this event will contribute to the development of Blockchain society in Turkiye. :tr::tr:

2 Likes

Would you say there would be enough restaurants, fast food, etc (street food?) near the ICC? Sometimes it can be hard to know the practicalities just from Google Maps: it might be outdated, not show food stalls that get set up during lunch time, not show hills or barriers that would prevent walking, etc.

Trying to explore how essential catering in the ICC is, for this DIP discussion Now is a good time to open DIPs/issues - #4 by dco

2 Likes

Yes the area around ICC is Harbiye and Nişantaşı which are both really busy areas, and there are offices (that will eat out lunch) around. Particularly in Nişantaşı you’ll find good restaurants. 15 min walk away is the Taksim square which is the main square of the city.

2 Likes

That sounds very good!

2 Likes

+1 would love to see and attend DevCon in Turkey

2 Likes

Anyone been in the ICC?

Apart from catering, is this the only food place in the ICC itself?

The link is www.iccistanbul.com/images/gallery/other/1.jpg

If anyone in contact with ICC, are they ever going to update their SSL certificate? :slight_smile: I think it’s why the picture is not showing in this post.

2 Likes

Hi! ICC is designed to prepare foods, including traditional and international tastes, for 15k people by its own kitchen, also it hosts crowded dinners. There is no directly restaurants, but large halls or rooms can be transformed into this kind of areas. The place in the photo is a cafe in the venue.

2 Likes

Good info! The kitchen and catering sounds clear.

Wondering have you been to an ICC event that did this? If so, I wonder if you thought it worked well enough or would not recommend considering such set up?
I know there can be different set ups too and wonder if a “food court” set up has been done in the past? (Catering is like central planning; “food court” is more market-like. If both are options, each has pros and cons that can be considered.)

1 Like

No, I haven’t, but I think this venue can provide both of the options. Also, there is a food & fun center -Dekk- includes lots of restaurant stands, bars, and a cafe. It can contribute the experience.

2 Likes

Looks like a cool place! (From Google Maps says 450 meter walk / 5 mins.)

2 Likes

ISTANBUL is the best location for the next DevCon.

2 Likes

When would we get the result ? like what was choosen ?

I would love for it to be in Türkiye, they got me convinced last year in devcon.

3 Likes

In the meantime, more crypto events are scheduled for Istanbul.

On December 20, ETHGlobal announced its 2023 program including ETHGlobal Istanbul:

Solana Hacker House is opening in a week. It’s going to be big one:

Today, Cosmoverse announced its pick for 2023: Istanbul

“ETH #Privacy” by Leading Privacy Alliance of Web3 scheduled their conference & hackathon earlier. Quoting leadingprivacy.com/istanbul:

Turkey has a very strong and vibrant crypto community. It belongs to the Top 12 countries worldwide adopting crypto currencies in 2022.

We believe it’s time to embrace the interest & passion the Turkish communities bring to crypto projects worldwide and start to have a regular ETH event in this Metropolis, built on 2 continents.

Why not attend one of the events above, get to know the city and the local Ethereum community before Devcon Istanbul? My Twitter is in my profile, feel free to DM :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think Istanbul is the best choice for Devcon, there hasn’t been a Devcon event anywhere nearby in the region!

2 Likes

Hi!

Finally, November is the month of the love of Ethereum and Istanbul :heart:

Devconnect is coming to Istanbul in between 13-19th of the November in 2023! Thanks for everyone who have supported the proposal. I hope all we will have a great week in Devconnect. :nazar_amulet:

:point_down:

Excited to meet you in Istanbul,

Ulas

3 Likes