Proposed location: İstanbul, Türkiye 🇹🇷

When you organize the event in Istanbul, it will be easier for the participants to reach and grow the community. :pinched_fingers: You will see the contribution of our friendly and social nature. It would be a right step to contribute to the introduction of blockchain technology to the Turkish ecosystem. Devcon should be in Istanbul :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

istanbul is perfect City for DevCon.

3 Likes

The Turkish Crypto ecosystem is growing incredibly fast. 5 out of 10 people are interested in or invest in cryptocurrencies. Almost every University in Turkey has a blockchain club and they create great content. Young people believe in the crypto ecosystem!

3 Likes

It will benefit both parties if the DevCon happens in Istanbul.
Like Ahmet mentioned above, given the young and vibrant population in Turkey and considering the points below:

• Huge interest in blockchain technologies
  • Geographic advantage of connecting Asia, the Middle East, and Europe
  • Mature startup scene
  • So many sightseeing opportunities and historic landmarks
  • Cheap accommodation
  • Easy or no visa requirements
  • Nightlife
  • Bosphorus

It’s a no brainer…

Also to give out some numbers in specific to crypto ecosystem:

Turkey was the world’s fourth biggest cryptocurrency market in 2020 and became the largest cryptocurrency market in the Middle East in 2021. Turkey topped a million trades a day by the end of 2021. With over 40 exchanges operating in Turkey, the Middle East’s largest economy and home to around 85mn people, the adoption of cryptocurrencies is ever expanding. Turkish residents using cryptocurrencies were recorded at 16% to 20% between 2020 and 2022. Latest surveys show there are over 5 to 6 million Turkish people with cryptocurrency accounts. A cryptocurrency exchange in the country reported nearly 5 million users and had a trading volume of $203.5 million.

4 Likes

Strong and ambitious community, one of the most beautiful city, easy for transportation, cheaper accommodation , historical ambiance…
Why not in Istanbul? :thinking:

DevCon #CometoIstanbul

3 Likes

One of the best cities in the world and one of the largest communities is here too. Let’s bring it to Istanbul

4 Likes

Come to İstanbul, With the excitement of discovering one of the oldest and most ancient cities in the world, we would like you not to miss the opportunity to meet the community, whose cryptocurrencies are imprisoned with great excitement.

3 Likes

Turkey is the country that invests the most in crypto in terms of number of people, unfortunately not in dollar terms :frowning: 1 USD = 18 Turkish Lira
Also, developer communities are growing.

2 Likes

Its a no-brainer! You would be helding the event on two continents: Asia and Europe. Hit 2 birds with 1 Istanbul stone. Lets do this!

4 Likes

Istanbul is the harmony of cities. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

İstanbul is definitely the most appropriate candidate for DevCon regarding its diversity of people, cultures and of course developers :+1::wink:

3 Likes

We have many university communities that are young, dynamic, and blockchain-savvy, who have shown extraordinary success in hackathons in recent years. The fact that the event is here will both contribute to their development and contribute to the entire ecosystem.

3 Likes

Extremely excited!! We are waiting !!

3 Likes

I can’t see a better country than Turkey, which connects Europe and Asia in Devcon where important people from all over the world should take part.

4 Likes

Considering you are an average European, you can stay cheap, eat cheap and travel cheap. You will have no concerns of safety or hygiene, trust me.

This is not the case for Turkish people. It is very difficult for an average Turkish citizen to travel to a city in Europe, let alone to stay an extended period of time (I myself cannot go abroad due to financial concerns). Istanbul could use a crypto event more than any other western city.

Also #DevConstantinople sounds cool imo.

5 Likes

It is so cool, right ?

6 Likes

Want to jump in and give a huge +1 for Istanbul. I visited a couple of years back and had an absolute blast, it’s such a wonderful city with a vibrant community of developers.

It also has great transportation, affordable accommodations, fair visa requirements for most countries, and great food.

7 Likes

I support DevCon VII’s new destination to be Istanbul.

5 Likes

Throughout history , Istanbul has been an interaction point for cultures. I think it’s a great location for Ethereum community to spread the word. What is merge to Eth , Devcon to Istanbul:)

5 Likes

As I have also said elsewhere I would eventually like to make a proposal for Thessaloniki, Greece … but since this is not ready yet I want to pop in a big +1 for our friends and neighbors in Istanbul.

Istanbul is a beautiful city with a ton of history, beautiful architecture, kind people, amazingly tasty food. There is definitely sufficient infrastructure to support an event in the scale of Devcon and its well situated to accept people from all around the world thanks to its location!

9 Likes