Proposed location: jyväskylä city, Finland

Proposed location: jyväskylä city, Finland

Why is jyväskylä a great place to host Ethereum events?

jyväskylä is a modern finnish city with top univerisites where the brightest young minds are

Country and Entry

1. What are the visa restrictions for the country?
Finland is quite easy enter for most of the people, should not be harder than any other EU country.

2. How easy is the international access?
Some distant countries will require visas.

3. What about the safety and political stability of the region?
Finland is one of the safest places in europe.

4. How expensive are venue rentals, accommodation, food, and transport?
Medium+ expensive. EU rates.

5. When is the climate the best?
The best time to visit is june, july summer. but if you like winter frost, this place is the best!

City and Venue

1. How easy is the transportation in the city (between venues, airport, etc.)?
City can be reached by internal train or plane from Helsinki international airport in ~3 hours

2. Are there modern venues (WiFi/Maneuverability/Catering)?
As it is the modern town, there is everything

3. Are there venues with the capacity to host between 5-10k+ people?
Need to clarify for this amount of people.

4. What are attractions in or around the city, and how close are they to the venue?
Finnish pure nature is an attraction on its own. But the culture of sauna, skiing (in winter) / hikes and breath taking montanas rusas (attraction parks) and coffee is to be appreceated the most.

Ethereum Community and Impact

1. How does the Ethereum community look like in this region (e.g.: existing large community/ small but growing rapidly, etc.)?
Need to investigate

2. What is the potential of Ethereum to have an impact in that region?
There is a histoy of great developers and startups (including defi) funded in this region
Establishing a local community here would be great, considering the universities

3. Which event would be ideal here? (i.e. Devcon, Devconnect, or another type of Ethereum community event)
A small ethereum community event for building the connections in this region. Not devcon.

1. How is hosting events in that city benefiting the Ethereum ecosystem?
    Discovery of local crypto startups, connecting people, potential student programms.

Concerns and Downsides

Every location has its pros and cons. It’s important to also consider the potential downsides.

1. What are possible risks?
    The event might turn out to be too expensive

2. What could be the downsides?
    The location is far from asia, east, south america communities

Additional Information

This is a draft suggestion. Need to discover local eth people and finnish language speakers. I know the place and culture as I passed by. But I am sure in such a student hub there will be many interested people from locals.

1 Like