Proposed Location: Porto, Portugal 🇵🇹

guys, how and with who we can discuss the sponsorship opportunity? @supermari0.eth @Rose

2 Likes

I’m sure Porto is a great city, but at this point Devcon in EU will mean a logistics nightmare (and likely a hard skip) for Russian developers like our (Erigon) Moscow office.

2 Likes

This makes total sense! I’d be there. There’s a large developer community both inside and nearby, and Portugal, indeed, is one of the most popular destinations for crypto/digital nomads. Let me know if I can help.

1 Like

Portugal is an awesome location for the next DevCon! I’ll also add that it’s relatively easy to get to Portugal from the USA and from Asia. Oh and it’s an extremely safe country with very friendly people. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

love the proposal and do like porto but its a pain in the ass for a lot of asians to get visa to eu. need to submit tax transcripts to hotel itinerary just for a visa, missed so many web3 events just because of the visa restrictions

Portugal (and the rest of the developed countries) does not need Devcon as much as other less fortunate places. We have lots of ETH related conferences/hackatons around Europe and in Portugal already. Devcon should be in places where its needed the most.

Many people will not even be able to get schengen visa or afford to go to a european country. This is why devcon was in Colombia this year and why it should continue being in places outside US/Europe/Advanced asia.

Anyone based in Porto, visited Istanbul or Dubai? How was your experience?

Hey supermari0.eth and everyone who was involved in this proposal!

You have surely seen the exciting news that Devcon 7 will be hosted in Bangkok, Thailand in November! :thailand: We want to say thank you for your effort and enthusiasm in drafting an incredible proposal for Porto! :clap:

We truly appreciate your proposal and dedication, and we’ll keep all proposals in mind for future years, and we are sure other event organizers will find the information helpful as well!

Thank you again & we look forward to seeing continued growth of Ethereum communities worldwide :heartpulse:

Devcon team :unicorn: