RFP-6: Programming requests

Hi Nextblock,

This is a great idea and definitely something we had in mind, thanks for bringing it up, this is what is RFP is about!

I have posted on X / Farcaster to promote the idea and invite more community suggestions.

We already have received interest and suggestions for (in no particular order):
• buidlguidl
• Nektarnetwork
• ethStaker
• Rocket Pool
• Diva

Imagine this: each session features a unique QR that lets attendees snag some crypto tokens from major Ethereum projects like Uniswap, MakerDAO, or Aave. We could run this on a slick L2 solution like Arbitrum to keep it smooth and fast.

This setup not only hooks up devs and attendees with a hands-on crypto experience but also spreads the wealth with practical blockchain applications. It’s a win for educating and a big step toward democratizing access to the tech.

Looking forward to possibly chatting more about this and getting into the nuts and bolts!

I think we should not do this. People should go to the sessions for the content and not to snag some tokens. IMHO it sets wrong incentives and I cannot see any upside.

4 Likes

We published more details about tracks in a blog post: Ticket launch details, on-chain raffle-auction, and programming tracks revealed | Ethereum Foundation Blog

• Core protocol: Researchers and developers, for over 10 years, have worked on building and improving Ethereum to be as decentralized, resilient, and secure of a protocol as possible. What are the latest research findings, EIPs slated for implementation, and suggestions for the roadmap?
  • Layer 2: Ethereum is scaling into a fast-paced rollup-centric ecosystem ready to onboard billions. Since blobs arrived in March of this year, what is left to do to scale Ethereum to the billions?
  • Developer Experience: Developing on Ethereum is easier than ever; what are the latest tools and best practices for developers? How do we make it even better?
  • Coordination: How can we use Ethereum to improve how we coordinate on the Internet?
  • Cypherpunk & Privacy: What are the values that make Ethereum special, why are they important for society, and how are we making it Cypherpunk again?
  • Applied Cryptography: Cryptography is the backbone of crypto, and primitives such as ZKP, MPC, FHE, and more are advancing rapidly — how can we apply these primitives to achieve real-world use cases that were previously not possible?
  • Security: Our ecosystem has become much better at preventing hacks and attacks, but there is room to improve. What are the latest security best practices, recommendations, and tools to make Ethereum applications even more secure?
  • Real World Ethereum: Ethereum reached a level of maturity that allows us to build concrete applications that can achieve long-term positive impact — what types of applications can we build using Ethereum and what are tips on building them?
  • Usability: Mass adoption will not happen without good UX. How are we improving the UX of Ethereum, L2s and applications?
  • Cryptoeconomics: Cryptoeconomics is a nascent field that allows us to build robust decentralized networks with strong incentives for participants, in complex environments. What are the latest research findings and best practices in this field?

Hope that will give inspirations for suggestions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
I would like to see more researchers on applied cryptography such as Ariel Gabizon and Justin Thaler.

2 Likes

Hi!

I would love to see and learn more about ZK tooling. I saw a talk early this year about something that is being developed by PSE, Chiquito, and I think it’s very interesting.

I believe bringing ZK tooling to the average Joe is a great endeavor, it would help on creating the next wave of useful apps in the ecosystem :blush:

1 Like

I would like to see a keynote on JAM from Ethereum OG Gavin Wood on the JAM graypaper.com, ideally with another OG from Devcon 0 (Vitalik, Christian, or Viktor) giving their review / asking some questions (after having read the paper properly and understood it of course =) ), along with a related “JAM” track concerning key JAM technologies:

• Safrole consensus
  • PVM + related Solidity-to-PVM tooling
  • very high throughput Data availability

Put together, this supports both smart contracts and a very different model of blockchain scalability with JAM Services.

We’d like to have a JAM implementers session at Devcon 7 and socialize this with the broader Ethereum community.

Oracles x DeFi _ deep dive panels with industry players

Introduction

Party Action People (PAP), a Singaporean event organization known for hosting events like StableSummit, unStableSummit, and the Blockchain Oracle Summit, proposes a high-tech panel series at Devcon SEA 2024. Our focus is on the intersection of Oracle technology and DeFi, aiming to bring cutting-edge discussions on this crucial aspect of the blockchain ecosystem.

Track Suggestions

1. Oracles and Data Integrity

• Focus: This track will delve into different oracle designs, their security trade-offs, and best practices for integrating oracles into DeFi protocols.
  2. Censorship Resistance in Decentralized Protocols

• Focus: Exploring how oracles and other decentralized systems can be designed to resist censorship, ensuring robust and secure blockchain applications.
  3. Resilience and Risk Management in DeFi

• Focus: Addressing strategies to mitigate risks associated with oracle failures in DeFi lending and borrowing, with an emphasis on enhancing system resilience.

Proposed Panels

1. Trade-offs of Different Oracle Designs & Measuring their Security

• Panelists: Hart Lambur (UMA), Brenda Loya (Tellor), Tomas Ruiz (Witnet), W3iser Hase (DeFi Wonderland)
    • Content: Discussing the pros and cons of various oracle designs and how to assess their security.
  2. Oracles in a Censorship Resistant World

• Panelists: Brenda Loya (Tellor), Ameen Sol (Reflexer), Rick Pardoe (Liquity), David Utrobin (Ajna)
    • Content: Focusing on the technical features needed for censorship-resistant oracles and decentralized protocols.
  3. Oracle Risk and Resilience Strategies for DeFi Lending and Borrowing

• Panelists: Brenda Loya (Tellor), Marcin K. (RedStone Oracles), Tyler Loewen (Adrastia), Niklas Kunkel (Chronicle)
    • Content: Exploring strategies for maintaining stability in DeFi protocols reliant on oracles.

Programming Suggestions

1. Workshops on Oracle Integration

• Hands-on sessions for developers on implementing and testing oracles in DeFi protocols.
  2. Debates on Centralization vs. Decentralization in Oracle Design

• Critical discussions on the trade-offs between different oracle models.
  3. Case Studies on Oracle Failures

• Analysis of real-world oracle failures and the lessons learned.
1 Like