Community Hub Proposal: Climate Impact

Very excited by this proposal — +100 for creating an ecosystem space within Devcon for the regenation community to connect and progress.

It takes a lot of resources to bring people together physically, but the value created can justify the effort. This kind of a space will make sure that the trip is worthwhile, and do a lot to accelerate the ReFi movement. I speak from experience. I’ve seen these meetups — in Denver, London, Paris, Lisbon, Prague, and so on — bear fruit in so many ways. I’m especially excited by the group we’re bringing together as organizers.

I’d like to emphasize Beth’s point — that we “hope to combine forces with other proposers”. Once (if) we can secure a space for the week, we’d love to take ideas from the ecosystem on how to best use it as a place to build alignment. On the composable web, this kind of coordination is a key lever to pull to accelerate innovation and development — let’s use the opportunity to full effect.

I’ll be co-leading the KERNEL Regeneration Guild in the coming weeks, and can put a call-to-action within that community for ideas on how we can use an irl meeting space to make real progress.

:sparkles:

2 Likes

:handshake::clinking_glasses: great job frens. Future looks bright

2 Likes

I fully support this proposal. It is great to see so many projects working together to build a more sustainable future and it is important to continue engaging key stakeholders as we work toward achieving our common goals. We are all in this together!

3 Likes

Thanks @beth_toucan for leading this!

It’s really exciting to see ReFi represented at Devcon with such a big community.

For **Collective Worldbuilding" I want to build a bridge between the Devcon CIC community and the ReFi event happening Oct 3-7 in Barichara Colombia as we work to regenerate a 500,000 hectare bioregion creating a replicable cultural and financial template in the process.

This event is emerging from the work led by local grassroots leaders and entrepreneurs and the help of Joe Brewer and the larger Earth Regenerator community to grow a regenerative economy.

The event will be a combination of site visits to local regenerative projects including coffee farms, waterfall rainforests, mercados libres y locales, and handcrafts workshops.

There will also be opportunities for technical workshops around carbon and eco credits, and DAO governance.

We are receiving support and partnership from ReFi Spring, Regen Network, Celo foundation and Ecolabs DAO to start and I would like to invite the global devcon community to participate and co-create.

Check out the links for a deeper dive into the territory.

ReFi Barichara Event

ReFi Barichara Twitter

Plan for regenerating the Barichara bioregion

The event is limited to 100 spaces and we are already bringing on the early bird participants. If you’re interested in participating you can sign up here.

As ReFi Barichara concludes the work still goes on. How can we bring these learnings to Bogota and share with the bigger Devcon experience?

Please share any helpful feedback.

P.S. I’m also happy to volunteer as back up barista at the CIC hub :smile:

3 Likes

Refi> Great proposal :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

Great idea guys. Keep it going

1 Like

This is incredibly innovative and exciting. Watching closely.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to learning more about Refi!

1 Like

I like this. Seems like the right direction. Voicing my support here.

1 Like

Fantastic proposal. I look forward to supporting this community and seeing them achieve their objectives.

1 Like

Having read through the proposal. I fully agree with it and look forward to seeing it get built and established.

1 Like

Excited to see Refi evolve! Great work

1 Like

Green blockchain is the best blockchain. This is the path forward!

1 Like

This is great stuff. We are heading to new era.

1 Like

Excited about the future of Refi!

1 Like

Excited to see this move forward.

1 Like

Thanks for proposing this Beth! I would be happy to help out staffing the collaboration station or participating in the workshops on behalf of KlimaDAO.

2 Likes

Sounds like a great idea :ok_hand:

1 Like

Fellow ReFi proposers – if you are reading this, I want to emphasize our call to action in the body of our proposal about utilizing this space as a vector for collaboration!

Please get in touch if you’re interested in combining forces, as we would very much like to bring our proposed workshops and experiential learning together with aligned proposals and feel like we could dovetail very nicely. We hope to hear from some of you, and I am personally reachable on Telegram @ontologymachine, over email beth@toucan.earth and of course in this forum.

Let’s regenerate together :shamrock:

4 Likes

Hi there,

We would like to thank you for putting together this proposal!

The space allocated to Community Hubs is limited which means we can only accept six proposals.

Many of the proposals we received were very high quality and, unfortunately, we had to take hard decisions. There is simply not enough space to accommodate all of them.

With this post, I’d like to inform you that your proposal was not selected for this year’s Community space.

That being said, there will be a dedicated ReFi / ReGen hub (see Proposal to organise a Regens Unite gathering at Devcon - #25 by franzihei) and it probably makes sense for you all to collaborate!

Again, thank you for showing initiative to contribute to the Devcon Bogotá experience and we hope to see you there soon nonetheless.

Have a great day,

Franziska & the Devcon team