Permissionless Perks Proposal for Devcon VI

As Devcon is adopting DIP-6, opening up a way for permissionless verification of ticket holders, there exists a way for any interested party to provide offers, perks, deals or vouchers to Devcon ticket holders. This is even more meaningful as Devcon VI has forgone the traditional sponsorship model which previously restricted attendee interaction to only a handful cash rich sponsors, to target their services to the event participants.

We are proposing Devcon VI to take full advantage of this permissionless system, and to open up the ‘Permissionless Perks’ to the broader Devcon ecosystem. This will allow any project, protocol, organization or service provider to deliver tailored content, products or offers to more than 6000 Devcon attendees. The perks can be on-chain, off-chain, online or in-real-life.

Idea

• Permissionless Perks come at no cost.

• Interested parties have to build integration in their own websites and apps to recognise ticket attestation. This can be accomplished with a fairly simple integration of an NPM package.

• All the permissionless perks can be listed in an open marketplace landing page. The mock-up of the landing page is below:

• In order to validate that these offers are not malicious we also propose to adopt a process that will vet the proposals first, before they are listed in the open marketplace landing page. This means all the integrations that would like to be listed have to submit the details in an open forum like this, which then can be vetted by the community or Devcon VI volunteers before they are listed in the website.

Permissionless Perks put the ticket holder in control of which perks they want to verify or engage with. Not only are the perks permissionless, they are user-centric and user-controlled. The user’s privacy is preserved by default during the verification and redemption processes.

As the builders of this technology, Smart Token Labs will provide all the interested parties with the necessary guides and collateral needed to adopt and integrate the technology, and help the interested parties to reach out to the right audiences. We will also provide as much support to the implementations as our current team is capable of delivering through Discord and other platforms.

Links:

18 Likes

Note that we also have an open infrastructure to allow you to use your attestations with (some) hardware now! Hardware we have integrated includes ESP32 and August smart locks.

5 Likes

This is awesome. Truly open community, open event, everything is open :partying_face:.

Will come up with some interesting and useful perks for everyone.

4 Likes

Interesting, permissionless is very important. Btw, do we have a demo or a repo for this?

4 Likes

It’s awesome and makes me come out with more imagination and expectation about DEVCON, I hope DEVCON VI can take advantage of this system, and I can’t wait to try it!

3 Likes

Interesting, permissionless is very important. Btw, do we have a demo or a repo for this?

2 Likes

Hey @Chia_Wei_Hu @JasonWan - glad that you see the benefits. I have added the GitHub repo to the main post that its easier for everyone to navigate to it.

This is the repo where you can see some example implementations: https://github.com/TokenScript/token-negotiator-examples

If you would like to test out the examples yourself, then check out this page Token Negotiator Examples. It is also listed in the GitHub repo.

1 Like

Cool!
Thanks for this proposal!
Super interesting.
No need for a formal Github as it is part of DIP6 that got accepted!

3 Likes

Thanks @Rose for the response. Does this mean that we can consider that we can go ahead with implementation and execution of Permissionless Perks for Devcon VI?

2 Likes

Yes, you can :slight_smile:

Let’s meet in a Devcon Discord chat. Can you send me your email in a Forum dm? So I can share the invite link with you.

3 Likes

Thanks @Rose - I am already in the server. I have tagged you in the channel.

1 Like

ELI4 please, I will re-read but seems a bit technical at first sight.

2 Likes

This kind of innovation in rewards and perks, creating an open ecosystem for all is truly awesome and exactly what I want to see at Devcon!!! Nice work all!

3 Likes

Happy to have a chat if you have any questions.

2 Likes

The Permissionless Perks went very well.

1 Like