Proposal to organise a Regens Unite gathering at Devcon

Hi @Sinouhe1 ! let’s join forces! One Regen space for all is the goal! Happy to have a chat to combine the proposals :slight_smile: @dmazorosete is my telegram and my twitter

3 Likes

Hey Knobs, loving the support, can you text me on Twitter: @sinomont

We have set up a “Bogota” category with different channels, I would love to invite you and start building it up together !

1 Like

Diego, Let’s do this, I will contact you through Twitter!

Hello Franzhi,

Hope you’re doing fabulously well!

First of all, thank you for introducing Refi Amazonia, we have decided to join forces!

I have a couple of questions to ask you in regard to the way we should proceed with the next steps:

1. How does one know whether “our community hub” is accepted or rejected?

2. If accepted, where do we iterate, and add info as we build the program for the RUBogotaDevcon gathering? Do you have any info on this?

For instance, I’d like to update the proposal, now that we will work with Amazonia, I’d like to add them to the content of the proposal.

Have a nice day,

Sinouhé Monteiro

2 Likes

Just followed you. Great to see this coordination happening and happy to continue supporting it!

2 Likes

Hey all! Super happy to hear you are collaborating now. :slight_smile:

General update on the process: The RFP is open until end of this week. Shortly after this (beginning of next week), we will share which Community Hub proposals got accepted and will work with those accepted teams to fine-tune the proposals / hubs.

1 Like

chairs with wheels, yeah like boring office charis, are amazingly adaptable

2 Likes

Hello Franzihei, thank you for letting me know :slight_smile:

Regens Unite Community Hub Bogotá

Devcon 6 needs a space to activate and celebrate Regenerative actions and culture.

The whole community is very excited to gather in Bogotá to experience more regenerative initiatives together. We are building an open space to discuss, build and defy current standards to increase our positive impact on the world. The expected impact has a dual dimension: Local (Bogotá and Colombia) + global.

The Regen community hub is open to everyone, inclusivity is at the core of our actions.

Every single member of the Regen community will play a facilitator role to contribute and educate Devcon attendees about our vision and principles.

Our community hub will be led by the following principles:

• 100% circular & regenerative. No waste permitted (tangible or intangible).
  • Everyday impact. You need to leave the hub better than when you arrived (building new relationships, sharing knowledge, recycling, helping others…)
  • Giving before getting. Focus on how you can support other regens.
  • Rethinking new forms of capital in the community.

We envision our hub as the ideal place to bring together local Colombian communities and international attendees connected by the Regen ecosystem.

Colombian local communities are fighting daily to have a better country and community leaders around Colombia who are committed to sustainable development goals. Above all, those who are speaking up in their territories against violence (social and environmental) need to be supported and educated about Web3 which can become the means to amplify their impact.

International attendees who understand Web3 technology and its potential but are not aware of the regenerative impact. This represents an opportunity for them to confront ideas with real-world needs or to get inspired to imagine new use cases for web3 to help people on the ground working to regenerate the planet, people, and communities.

So now let’s dig deeper at the core ideas behind Regens Unite gatherings:

Regens Unite is about bringing regens from different backgrounds creating connections, and building new relationships to make sure the technologies being developed and discussed at Devcon are connected with real local needs on Colombian ground (and vice versa, that regens on the ground get to learn about the new coordination technologies that could help them in their local mission).

To create meaningful connections, Regens Unite has a no PowerPoint policy. During the gathering, only facilitators create a safe and brave space for people to learn, meet and share their experiences, their needs, and their drive from one regen to another. At the Devcon event, we want to bring local regens from different perspectives (NGOs, climate movement & citizen initiatives) to connect and learn from the possible impact Ethereum can have on those projects through facilitation.

To make the gathering truly regenerative and community-based, this gathering will be led by our local Colombian Collaborators: Diego Mazo, Luis Roa, Fabián Pulido, and Estefania Granados (Bogota)

Regen’s Unite regular team leading and supporting the project at Devcon has extensive experience working in Colombia and in other countries in Latin America.

The RUs regulars working along the Regens Unite Colombian collaborators will be: Sinouhé Monteiro, Samy Lane & Guil is.

The RU regulars are also supporting the initiative and will constantly support the facilitation, design, and implementation of the RU handbook among them:

Xavier Damman, Jeremy Akers, Leen Schelfhou, Anna-Marie Swan, Bruno Roemers & Shauna Butterly.

Our gathering is also being supported by local leaders & members of ETHColombia & GravityDAO Juan Carlos Bell Llinás.

We will offer Devcon attendees the opportunity to interact with local Regens that have on-the-ground experience in Colombia whether they are local activists, engineers, community organizers, or working on permaculture, REFI, and human development.

We want to have an opportunity for people with ground experience to possibly do small workshops throughout our time in the space, and give people a chance to learn new ways of approaching these topics in the web3 world and see where they can help regenerate the planet. It is important to help people become aware of what is possible when you bring web3 and regeneration together.

The Regens Unite goals for the Devcon community program are: To Unite pioneers, experimenters, builders, and dreamers Build relationships so that we can all work better together Learn how we can contribute and join the regen movement as individuals, organizations, and institutions Facilitate a space that intends to give participants a direct experience of what regeneration feels like, inside and out.

Rough outline (Program structures and workshops will be defined with Diego Mazo and the team as well as the Devcon organizers) :

8:30 am Breakfast/coffee.

9:30 am Opening ceremony and pods.

11:00 am - 13:00 pm: Workshops / Conversation tables.

13:00 pm to 14:00 - Lunch

14:00 am - 15:30 pm: Workshops / Conversation tables.

15.30 - 16.00 pm - Break and pods

16:00 - 16:30: Plenary closing session

17:00: Drinks Every hour we offer community onboarding of Impromptu

Networking for 15 Minutes followed by a round of question collection.

For the equipment to create this space the needs are as follows:

• An adaptable space
  • A space with chairs.
  • Whiteboards, whiteboard markers (or big sheets stands).
  • Plants and lighting - recreate the safe and warm environment we had in Brussels for Regens Unite.
  • We want this space to be inviting and for those that are not sure what Regens Unite is, to come, feel welcome and ask questions.
  • A TV, banners & goodies (stickers, pins) to show the logo/branding of Regens Unite.

For more information about Regens Unite DAO:

Discord: Regens Unite

Twitter: https://twitter.com/regensunite

Pictures of past events.

Hello, @franzihei I’ve updated our proposal with a reply, I can’t edit the main one, so I added the new proposal with a reply, is that ok? Or should I do it differently? Thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

hi ReFi friends,

I’m the originator of the Climate Impact Community Hub proposal & wanted to reach out across our fellow climate/public goods/refi proposals to see if y’all wanted to combine forces for a super successful ReFi hub.

Messaging each refi-related post separately but with this message as I’m not sure the best way to tag everyone so apologies for any repetition – please have a look at our post and let me know if you’d like to collaborate!

We (Toucan, Celo, Filecoin Green, Astral, Hypen and Discarbon) would love to see how we can work together for the best possible regenerative space. Please message me on Telegram @ontologymachine or email beth@toucan.earth, or even better reply here, so we can look into getting that ball rolling if you’re up for it. Can’t wait to hopefully meet y’all in DevCon, and online before if you’re down to collab <3

Cheers,
Beth

1 Like

Hello Beth,

Of course, we’d be happy to collaborate together with you, Would you like to set up a call to meet?

Have a nice day,

Sinouhé

1 Like

Awesome, this sounds great! I would be available Monday between 10 am - noon CET if a time in there would work for you?

Hi Sinouhe, pinging on this again in case we’re able to connect ahead of me going offline for a week! Are you around today or tomorrow morning? If so please give me a shout on telegram @ontologymachine :v:

Hello @beth_toucan, let’s organize today afternoon, what slots do you have available?

I am keeping @diegomazo89 in the loop!

Best,

Sino

1 Like

Fantastic :slight_smile: My afternoon has gotten very booked up but I will be available for the next hour, or after 19:30 CEST. What works best for y’all?

To me, it’s fine to make an intro at 19:30, but it’d be good that @diegomazo89 to be there as well!

1 Like

Yeah, lets do it at 19.30h! Beth, I met you in ETH Barcelona at the speakers room :wink:

1 Like

Hi there,

We would like to thank you again for putting together this proposal!

With this post, I’d like to inform you that your proposal was chosen for this year’s Devcon Community Space! :tada:

Since there were several ReFi / ReGen initiatives I want to emphasize that the accepted proposal is the merged intiative between “Regens Unite Gathering” and “ReFi Amazonia”. Of course we invite you to collaborate with the other proposals as well if you like.

Please keep in mind that Community Hubs must be marketing-free (complementary to what happens in the supporters area!) and should not include shilling of specific tokens or projects. The focus of community hubs should clearly lay on the content / mission / topic instead of the products or projects. As long as this remains a given we invite you to collaborate with the other two proposals at your discretion ( “Impact DAOs and ReFi” and “Climate Impact”).

What’s next?

1. In order to confirm the commitment from your side we would like to ask you to submit a DIP in our DIP repository. This is for us to keep track of all community initiatives and will also show your Community Hub in the DIPs section of the devcon.org website (Contribute — Devcon Bogotá, Oct 11 → 14).
  2. We will work together with our production team to get you the exact dimensions of the space and other production details.
  3. We will get back to you on details of your envisioned program and will try to support you with feedback as best as we can to help you bring a great experience to Devcon!

Again, thank you for showing initiative to contribute to the experience and we can’t wait to see your Community Hub come alive at Devcon Bogotá!

Have a great day,

Franziska & the Devcon team

3 Likes

Amazing, this is such great news! I’ll create it all!