Proposed Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand thailand

Nice! Definitely a perfect location!

4 Likes

I wholeheartedly support the idea of hosting the next Devcon in Chiang Mai. The city offers a unique blend of cultural heritage, natural beauty, and modern infrastructure that would make for a perfect setting for the event. Chiang Mai is also known for its vibrant tech community and a growing number of blockchain startups, making it an ideal location to gather and showcase the latest developments in the field. Moreover, the local government and businesses have shown a keen interest in supporting the event, which is a testament to the city’s commitment to innovation and progress. I believe that holding the Devcon in Chiang Mai would not only benefit the attendees but also help promote the city as a hub for blockchain technology and innovation in the region.

6 Likes

without a doubt its the best place to code !

5 Likes

I think thailand and specifically chiang mai is a great place to get together. There are good places to work and it is a site with great cultural value. Would love to see devcon 7 happen in thailand.

5 Likes

Why Chiang Mai? Durians are known to have a special, super secret nutrient that gives them a characteristic smell; it wildly activates the neuro circuits of coders allowing them to code 3x faster. Elephants have a similar effect on humans to dolphins; they transmit incredible tranquility, leaving one in such a state of trance, like a baby rocking in its mother’s arms. And did someone say chocolate? Friends, you’ve never tasted anything like it. Buuuuuaaaahhh! No words can describe. Oh, and BTW, not sure if you knew, but Chiang Mai is home, amongst many other unique, inspiring people, to our local pride, Arnon Thitiprasert, Art Latte World Champion. Yes, that’s right, you can wake up in the morning before heading off to Devcon, pop by his new place, “Roast8ry Flagship Store”, and have your coffee made by a world champion. I mean, how cool is that? Tell you. No one brews coffee like this guy. The caffeine hit you’ll get will keep you coding neat all day!

5 Likes

Recommend Chiang Mai for DevCon.

6 Likes

I recommend Chiang Mai for Devcon. I was a study abroad student at Chiang Mai University for 1 semester. I lived in Thailand and Chiang Mai for 8 months; it was my first experience living abroad in a foreign country, and Chiang Mai was the perfect place to have this experience: the people are warm, welcoming and kind, the food is amazing, the natural scenery is gorgeous, and the ancient city is the cultural and religious hub in the region. There is a strong growing community of tech in the area, and to continue to foster it would not only help the industry, but also provide jobs and a boost of income to the locals - many of who need it after the economic recession caused by the Covid 19 pandemic. Overall, it would be a wonderful thing for Devcon to be hosted in Chiang Mai. :blush:

7 Likes

Long-term Chiang Mai resident here. We have a great blockchain community here, and Chiang Mai is so pleasant to visitors. I’m certain that all visitors of Devcon will feel welcome!

5 Likes

+1 for Chiang Mai. Such a nice city. Go Chiang Mai

3 Likes

Ok, now, on a more serious note. Why do we need Devcon to come to Thailand?

First, haven’t said before but thank you, Devcon Team, for choosing South East Asia for your next location. This is so cool :unicorn: After reading all the proposals thoroughly, I honestly think all make great destinations for the next Devcon. Each location is so unique. congrats to all the communities :clap: also believe as a region, we’re all facing very similar major concerns; pollution, plastic, climate change, lack of opportunities, the list is long, and all need urgent solutions, and us working together fast.

Although, as a Chiang Mai local I will continue to advocate for our beautiful city, also because I do believe it’s the best location for the occasion :wink:

I don’t have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It’s a depression. Everybody’s out of work or scared of losing their job, the price of food over the roof, the air unfit to breathe; worse than bad – they’re crazy.

Thailand is one of the most vulnerable countries regarding climate change. I understand our brothers from Bangkok advocating strongly for their proposal. We need more innovation, and we need to do it fast. Experts say it could be as soon as 2030 that Bangkok finds itself completely flooded. No joke. This is the home to the 10M people we’re talking about.

When it comes to Chiang Mai, it’s this time of the year when we see our skies covered in haze. Yes, the smoky season can be 4-8 weeks long. Happening now, and it isn’t good this year. The impact is huge, and not in a good way, as is the fact that most of our local talent will have to leave Chiang Mai due to their lack of opportunities here, most relocating to Bangkok or other big cities where more and better opportunities can be found.

And well, now. Let’s not forget our neighbors from Myanmar. Unfortunately, we don’t hear much about them; https://instagram.com/freeburmarangers?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= But it’s surely one of the countries in the world most in need of innovation and democracy. Thanks to the welcoming hearts and solidarity of the Lanna people, Chiang Mai is home to a big Burmese community, many of which attend the local universities here. These kids, hope of Myanmar, “lucky” ones who have escaped the atrocities happening there and fortunate to access a more dignified & advanced education and understand freedom, we need them ready to cause a positive impact and make a difference in their communities both here and at home.

We face many challenges, and we need more innovation; we need more people exploring, testing, and implementing effective resource management solutions, systems for monitoring and reporting carbon emissions, carbon credit incentives, decentralized energy infrastructures, to explore potentialities, steps, and best practices in applying blockchain technology to use cases in agriculture….

We need Devcon!

So I want everyone to get up out of their chairs, open that window, and yell it with me: “Chiang Mai for Devcon!” :rocket:

5 Likes

Chiang Mai would be the best spot for Devcon.
Here is a great blockchain community and the event would be amazing here.
The visitors will enjoy this city very much, no doubt.
I vote for Chiang Mai !

5 Likes

Chiang Mai IS the place! Please host it there

4 Likes

High vibes here! Let’s make it happen. :seedling:

4 Likes

Great infrastructure, very affordable, incredibly safe and welcoming community… A+ choice.

5 Likes

Chiang mai would be awesome to host such an event!

Great community, affordable prices, relax vibe and much more. +1

4 Likes

Chiang Mai would be perfect: it already has a strong tradition of annual digital nomad pilgrimage so it can handle a sudden influx of people, has a strong infrastructure, good crypto adoption, affordable pricing, tons of culture (can’t think of any SE Asian city better for that). If CM gets to host, I’ll come for sure!

4 Likes

+1 this idea!

I bounce back and forth between various crypto hot-spots in SE-Asia rather frequently and Chiang Mai is by far my favorite. Not only is there a sizable (and growing) interest in Web3 locally, but a large number of expats have settled here who are interested in the same.

It’s welcoming, it’s relaxing, inundated with digital nomads and crypto nerds like myself and its also cheap! Exactly the kind of place Devcon should be hosted!

4 Likes

I think Chiang Mai would be a really cool place to host this. It’s a quick flight from Bangkok and the people are so nice and welcoming. One of the safest cities I’ve ever been to and the crypto scene is pretty vibrant.

5 Likes

It would be great to host this in Chiang Mai!

4 Likes

Sounds like an awesome idea! I love Chiang Mai and the community it attracts.

4 Likes